Let Skiing Take Your Confidence to New Heights.
Confidence is the rich seam running through ourselves which impacts on how we deal with challenges. It makes the difference between stepping up and forward or stepping away. Skiing epitomises how confidence effects ability: some seem to steer away from the sport in their 40’s and 50’s as they loose their confidence and fear hurting themselves on the slopes.How come many are out there living their dream whilst we’re melting away in the background?
Welcome to my skiing world – I used to spend most of my skiing holiday out of my comfort zone, with more stress and anxiety than pleasure. After years of skiing and a couple of bad injuries, I was on the verge of hanging up my skis. But I really wanted to do it. I didn’t want to miss out on those shared experiences with family and friends as they skied off into the distance leaving me at home.
My epiphany came three years ago. We were skiing with friends when one of the guys decided he didn’t fancy a particularly challenging run and decided to skip it and head off for a coffee. He didn’t sound upset, humiliated or look like he was about to burst into tears. He was completely relaxed yet I was feeling emotional, anxious and a failure for not wanting to ski that run. We were of similar skiing ability but our mindsets were worlds apart. After a stop, pause, reflect moment, I knew I needed to change the whole way I viewed my skiing. Without anxiety and stress, I too could re-join those out there, living their dream on the slopes. I needed to re-find my inner confidence and soak up the experience rather than anxsting over every turn and movement on the slope.
Thankfully, as an experienced coach I was able to contextualised my issues and challenge myself to overcome my deep seated fears using some great coaching techniques. I wasn’t aiming to be an expert skier ready to throw myself down any black mogul field; I just wanted to rediscover the magic of skiing I once knew. I’d had numerous lessons and was more than familiar with the concept of how to ski – that was not the problem here. My challenge was to manage the psychology of my skiing – that fear factor which held me back from relaxing into it and having a great day. If this sounds familiar, then join the club as you’re not alone. We are that generation with many family and friends who love their skiing. With years of ski holidays ahead, we’re caught between sharing those precious times but dreading them! An added anxiety is should we step away and give up our skiing or step forward and overcome our challenges? I’d just like you to take moment and ….
- Imagine creating a more compelling future for your skiing – imagine if you weren’t fearful and anxious.
- Imagine your boldest dream – laughing your way through a day on the mountains.
- Imagine really looking forward to your holiday and revelling in the team experience – imagine how good that would feel!
- Imagine feeling good about saying – no – that slopes not for me thanks – I’ll take a break or a different route. How great would that feel?
- Imagine how good it would make you feel to overcome those anxieties and feel empowered on the slopes.
- Imagine the great impact this new found confidence would have on the rest of your life.
The great news is it can be achieved. I have done it and now love my skiing. I love it so much that I have designed a bespoke ski coaching experience so you too can re-discover the magic of skiing. A little ironic that here I am, shouting from the roof tops, that we can do this together when I was the one quaking in my boots at the top of a run not so long ago!
In January and March 2019 I will be running the first bespoke Ski Coaching Experiences in Champoluc, Italy in collaboration with the fabulous Ski2 Ltd. My aim is to release you from those inner fears and enable you to fall in love with skiing at whatever level. This course isn’t about technical expertise but empowering you to manage your fear of skiing and have fun on the slopes. Consider it as a gift to your family and friends… a gift of those many fun shared experiences ahead of you. We’ll provide a fabulous environment with like-minded individuals, using great coaching techniques to ensure that you discover the magic of skiing.
Let me give you a taste of what to expect:
- January 21st – 24th 2019 and March 4th – 7th 2019.
- A fabulous Italian resort, Champoluc, in the Aosta Valley
- Accommodation at Hotel Relais Des Glaciers, gorgeous 4* hotel with spa and outdoor heated pool
- The great services of Ski 2 Ltd, the leading providers of outstanding ski holidays in Champoluc.
- Pre-course coaching sessions so you are armed with great techniques before you even arrive.
- A group of like minded people who on the same journey with many experiences to share.
- Our personal ski instructor to take care of all our guiding and spotting the best lunch spots.
- Fabulous food, wine and laughter to enjoy.
- As your personal ski coach we will be taking this journey together to overcome those anxieties and discover the magic of skiing in Champoluc.
- We’re a small group with a maximum of 8 places.
My role is to design a great ski coaching experience to enable you to overcome your anxiety: your role is to step forward and join me to fall in love with skiing.
The cost of the Ski Coaching Experience is £1250 which includes all your coaching, airport transfers, 4* accommodation at Hotel Relais Des Glaciers, all meals, lift pass and ski instructor. To give you flexibility, flights and equipment hire are not included. If you’d like further details on the coaching or talk it through just send me an email to Louise on info@ProAbility.co.uk and we can arrange a chat. If you’d like to discuss flights, or make a booking please contact Ski 2 Ltd on 01962 713330 or email email@example.com.
Together we can create a great skiing future!